Pasadena police give theft prevention tips for packages delivered to homes
Pasadena Police Department would like to remind residents to be cautious when having packages delivered their homes. Criminals target packages on doorsteps; don’t be the next victim!
Follow these simple steps to protect your packages:
- Track Your Package: Track shipment in advance. Many companies offer customized alerts that can offer some control on when you receive a package.
- Require a Signature: This extra step ensures that you won’t have packages piling up at your door.
- Hold Package at Mail Facility: You can have your packages sent and held at a package facility. For example, Amazon offers Amazon Locker where customers can pick things up when it is convenient for them.
- Be Neighborly: If you know you won’t be home, ask someone you trust to accept the package
- Request a Vacation Hold: Request a vacation hold if you are going out of town. This will keep from packages sitting out unattended.
If your packages get stolen:
- Report the theft: Contact your local law enforcement and file a report. Contact the retailer.
- Contact the retailer: Some companies grant refunds on a case-by-case basis or replace items if there is proof of delivery.
- Check with your credit card company: Some credit card companies offer protection to members who charge purchases on their card. Check with your credit card for details.