Orange County residents can now opt in to receive text message updates related to the novel coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19. The county also is seeking volunteers and donations to help further relief efforts.
The County of Orange Emergency Operations Center (EOC) collaborated with Everbridge Nixle to allow Orange County residents to sign up to receive daily text message updates related to COVID-19. If you are interested in signing up for this service, text OCCOVID19 to 888777.
If residents have any further questions about an update they got, they can contact the County of Orange Public Information Hotline at (714) 628-7085 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily.
Orange County non-profits are in need of volunteers right now and safety precautions for volunteers have been put into place to prevent close contact with other volunteers or workers:
- If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, visit oneoc.org.
- If you are a non-profit seeking volunteers, email OneOC at email@example.com and place in subject line: COVID Non-Profit Request
- If you are a non-profit looking to be part of the county response, email your contact information to COAD.OrangeCounty@gmail.com
The County of Orange Rescue Mission currently is accepting donations to help low-income and dependent residents such as foster children and seniors.
Items needed include:
- Baby formula: Similac Pro advanced and sensitive, Enfamil, Enfamil Gentlease, and Nido for age 1 and up
- Adult wipes: Flushable wet wipes or hygiene wipes
- Feminine pads: Regular, heavy, and extra heavy
- Grocery gift cards: With a balance of $25-$50
- Baby diapers (all sizes): Regular, sensitive, and overnight
- Baby wipes: Regular, sensitive, and water-based wipes
- Adult disposable diapers and pads: Disposable underwear for men, women, and hospital bed pads
- Protein bars (and flavor): Regular protein bars and gluten-free or vegan protein bars.
- Adult nutrition shakes (any flavor): Regular, glucerna diabetes, and vegan nutritional shakes.
Please note that the above items can only be donated if they are new, unopened, and unused. Orange County Rescue mission is currently not accepting items such as clothing, toys, and furniture.
For general information about COVID-19, residents can also call the OC Health Care Agency’s (HCA) Health Referral Line at (800) 564-8448, visit http://www.ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus, or follow the HCA on Facebook (@ochealthinfo) and Twitter (@ochealth).