Pasadena Police Department would like to remind residents to be cautious when having packages delivered their homes. Criminals target packages on doorsteps; don’t be the next victim!
Follow these simple steps to protect your packages:
- Track Your Package: Track shipment in advance. Many companies offer customized alerts that can offer some control on when you receive a package.
- Require a Signature: This extra step ensures that you won’t have packages piling up at your door.
- Hold Package at Mail Facility: You can have your packages sent and held at a package facility. For example, Amazon offers Amazon Locker where customers can pick things up when it is convenient for them.
- Be Neighborly: If you know you won’t be home, ask someone you trust to accept the package
- Request a Vacation Hold: Request a vacation hold if you are going out of town. This will keep from packages sitting out unattended.
If your packages get stolen:
- Report the theft: Contact your local law enforcement and file a report. Contact the retailer.
- Contact the retailer: Some companies grant refunds on a case-by-case basis or replace items if there is proof of delivery.
- Check with your credit card company: Some credit card companies offer protection to members who charge purchases on their card. Check with your credit card for details.